Saturday 21 March 2009

Suffolk Coastal District Council Data Loss

Oh dear, a SCDC contractor has had a laptop stolen which contained the details of everyone that has applied for a license to the council, in my case a lottery license to hold a raffle four years ago. SCDC have written to everyone on the database to inform them and everyone's record will now get entered onto CIFAS which will be checked by credit reporting agencies as there is a slightly increased risk of indentity theft. As a friend said, reworking an old gag; "identity theft? take mine please."

It does strike me as slightly ironic that because someone lost a copy of my name and address and date of birth (I think that's about all the information I gave) on a local database, I now have a record on a bigger national database....

No comments:

Post a Comment