Thursday 9 July 2009

Mells View

Some views within a few yards of each other. I wouldn't have known there was a footpath here if I hadn't caught sight of the footpath diversion notice for the Wehaston Quarry at Mells Hamlet. There's only a few days left before the deadline to register objections "if you are aggrieved by the diversion" says the notice.

I don't mind the diversion myself but I'd hazard a guess that the diversion of the path around the edge of the quarry instead of running straight through the middle as at present is to ensure the sand and gravel extraction can continue for longer. The WDC plan says though the quarry is completly unsuitable for development as all the access is by class three roads with high banks and ditches, a hazard for HGVs and the road users, like me on my bicycle.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment